Homemade Ranch Dressing

I have a Raw Ranch Dressing recipe that is really pretty decent, but I honestly prefer the non-raw variety so much more. I was at the grocery store the other day, trying to decide which commercial ranch variety was the lesser of the evils. To tell you the truth, none of them are! They are all evil - VERY, VERY, VERY Evil! So, I made my own.

Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup Buttermilk
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 small clove Garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley, minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried Onion
  • Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to Taste
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and blend using a hand blender to break up the Parsley and Garlic even further (you could do this in a food processor, but I don't have one).

Verdict
This was amazingly good! I think it may need a dash of dill, but other than that, I don't think I'd change anything. My only fear is that the fresh garlic will take over as it sits in the fridge. I guess only time will tell.

I know it doesn't qualify as dairy-free by any means, but this is one of our few indulgences, and it helps us eat more fresh veggies, so I think we'll be okay. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment