Salad-in-Hand Rolls

I came up with these after watching a video of a chef making spring rolls with all kinds of strange stuff in them - lettuce, avocado, noodles, peanut butter, and chili garlic sauce don't really go together in my book, but to each his own. Anyway, I had some rice paper laying around for some other spring rolls I never got around to making, so I thought I'd give it a shot. They turned out pretty good, and the idea is really versatile! It's basically a no mess, no fuss salad to go.

Ingredients
  • Rice Paper
  • Lettuce - coarsely chopped
  • Sprouts
  • Tomatoes - diced
  • Olives - coarsely chopped
  • Cucumber - diced
  • Avocado - diced
  • Drizzle of Olive Oil
  • Drizzle of White Wine Vinegar
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Oregano
Directions
- Hint: Prepare ALL your Veggies BEFORE you Dip your 1st Paper -
Put all Veggies except Lettuce and Sprouts in a bowl, and drizzle with the Olive Oil and Vinegar. Add the Seasonings and mix well.

Dip a sheet of rice paper in water and place in on your workspace. Put a small handful of Lettuce on the paper, then some of the veggie mix, and top it with a small handful of sprouts. Once the paper is sufficiently soft, roll it up burrito-style, tucking the ends in as you roll.

Verdict
Honestly, these are great! They make a great, simple but filling meal. I'll be making them regularly, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment